Saturday, August 31, 2013

Finding Joy in the Journey

Last weekend I bought a square piece of wood, that says "Find JOY in the journey". All week the word Joy as been in my head. While I have had some downs this week, mostly I have had joy. Joy has come in many ways. I have sat at the post office unable to even start the car as I cry over my mail.....talk about Joy. It wasn't a bad cry, it was a good cry as the Joy of my friendships touch me so deeply. I can't even begin to describe this feeling of Joy, the support,  love, prayers, laughter, hugs by scarfs, texts, books, strawberries,  cards, emails & "drivers". I am amazed,  blessed & full of joy. I have the worlds greatest friends, that have my back.

Even this insurance disaster...I will list some joys. Bottom line is the insurance company states they have nothing since July 2. Which means my referral to the surgeon was never approved. That being said we will just be happy in the Joy of knowledge from my surgeon and those scans. Just maybe it'll all get approved under "continuation of care". Those in the medical field will understand and giggle....as I was that Friday at 4 o'clock patient on a holiday weekend phone call yesterday.  And the insurance rep went out of his way. He said "lets call your referring doctors office together". He was very patient,  funny & full of Joy. His name was Patrick and he lives in Phoenix. We were on hold together as the doctors office had to keep putting us on hold. Thankful for an insurance man with a giant heart. Why I don't know what will unfold ahead, but can only trust and truly let go and let God. It is out of my hands. No stress this weekend.....instead I will find Joy in the Journey.

This poem was on my parents wall when I was a kid....perfect reminder:

As children bring their broken toys, with tears for us to mend. I brought my broken dreams to God, because he was my friend. But then instead of leaving Him in peace to work alone. I hung around and tried to help in ways that were my own. At last I snatched them back and cried, "How can you be so slow?". "My child", He said, "What could I do, you never did let go?".

Find Joy in the Journey......yep that's my plan! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment