Saturday, August 24, 2013

Starting to Prepare

First a little laughter as my girlfriend Michelle had me rolling last night. Who ever thought one could laugh so hard discussing no voice and a non working left arm attempting to go thru a drive thru with "fun" flash cards to try and order. Oh Michelle you had me in tears and I needed that deep belly laugh that you have always given me. Thank you!!

On the day of my scans and surgeon meeting, Ken was wasting time b4 Mary had to get taken to work by stopping at the bmw bike store. Low & behold he found his gem. Today I got to watch his eyes light up in pure happiness.  At this stage right now I really want to make as many wishes and dreams come true. Not because I am afraid I am going to die, but because any way to have a pure happy moment that distracts the pain is worth so much!!!!!

Today as well we took Danny back to school shopping.....but all Danny wanted was a pair of shoes, he says that he is good with everything else. Is this really my kid??? So needless to say Mama had some time to shop while the girls were roaming the mall. I found some blouses that button up and hide my neck pretty well. Ken & Danny picked out a beautiful scarf for me as well. 2 hours into shopping and I was just plum worn out. So we went and sat outside waiting for the girls. Mary walks up and the needle fearing daughter of mine, who's now 18 and can sign for herself.....got her ears pierced. It was a shocking moment! Things are changing at our house and I was the only one in our family who was unaware she was doing this today. I love the relationship she has been forming with her father and how close they are getting.  Trying not to feel left out...it's a mixed feeling there for me.

Sitting here back at home going thru our mail. My surgery packet arrived today. This is getting very real as I read thru the Health Care Directive/Living Will. But I have no question on signing that I don't want to be left on life support. I don't even want to ever leave that burden on my family of watching me in a coma. Why these are worse case scenarios...I have a duty to sign with their needs in mind.  Heavy stuff but preparing my head, heart & making my wishes in ink.

♥ ~ making memories

No comments:

Post a Comment