Friday, August 16, 2013

I hear YOU back mom!

Wow these past few days have been just like a roller coaster ride. In 1990 I was dragged onto the giant, white, wooden roller coaster at Magic Mountain. ...just when I got up, then I came down. I didn't really want to go, but was forced on. In the end I could look back and appreciate the ride. It is one I have never forgot as I know so are these past few days. The instant relief from the email Wednesday night from my doctor put me turning back to my goofy ways. Now how on earth could hearing, "the first surgeon feels you need to go see the surgeon we send all the complicated cases to." make me silly?? I think it was just knowing I was going to be in good hands and a plan was forming that brought my smile back. Well that and just being totally inappropriate and crazy with my girlfriends. Still laughing over urn heads and whoha's. Because I can!!! After climbing thru the out of network surgeon and getting my PET/CT Scans & appointment with the surgeon put in place for this Wednesday,  I just can't help but smile. We are mapping things out and that feels good. The scans will tell if the cancer is anywhere else in my body. Best part is I see the surgeon right after. I sure hope that means he'll know those answers then. I was told to bring an ipod to listen to during the scans....wanting to build a play list if any of you have a song you think I should add to that please send me a title & artist name. Not really looking forward to no carbs, sugar or dairy come Sunday....that is going to be soooooo difficult for me. But some how I will do it!!! Ok maybe don't send me any songs about food, as my appointment is at 11 am and 12 hours prior all I can intake is water. All those details being said tonight I had so much fun & laughter with Maria, her twins & Danny. It feels so good to have my laugh back and even better to hear, "Mom, you're back! I hear your old self in your laughter. I had so much fun tonight!" ♥ Celebrating life tonight and fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment