Saturday, September 14, 2013

Perfect day

Yesterday as I walked, laughed, hugged and even let a few tears fall when no one could see; I was locking away moments in my heart. Our day at the Puyallup Fair was everything I wished it to be. Decided we weren't really a fan of deep fried Snickers....they were interesting but my Snickers Smores are way better. The Elephant Ear smoothed in raspberry jam and the Krusty Pup (corn dog) were yummy. But my favorite as always was the hot raspberry filled scone. Maybe it's the memories that are included with the scone.....that was the one thing we always ate as a kid too. But it made a tongue very happy. The animals were fun too, but the memories captured in the barns was priceless.  I will share the photos. Danny pointed out 2 cow butts so I turned to snap a photo.....it took a lot of shots and Ken holding Danny back from blocking my camera as he was laughing and telling me I was being inappropriate. I got another picture of a cow just as his tongue was in his nose. We couldn't stop laughing. Oh and talk about inappropriate,  as my son pointed out a cow that was laying down that I guess was too exhausted to stand up to poop and had a mess at its tail. I got to milk "Mabel" who even moo'ed as I tugged. The kids passed but I got a coloring page for success. The cute part in the animals was Mary and a baby goat and ohhhh those 1 day old piggies.  I wanted to take them home. The kids and I made our dohdoh birds (colored sand bottles). I remember standing at those same booths with my sister year after year. Danny made his in his school colors.  Mary did a heart as she said she wanted to lock in these memories of so much love. And I did the thyroid ribbon colors. We took our time and got them just right. As Ken watched and captured the moments with pictures and ate his Krusty Pup. We took the birds to the car so we didn't have to carry them. ....this resulted in some serious laughter as I looked down and my birds nose was gone! He was now deformed like I am gonna be. Oh the jokes and funny faces. I was able to get a new nose to glue on at home when I asked the fair worker. We walked the rows and rows of booths of all the cool gadgets for sale. I laid in a space looking massage chair....and I had to have Mary figure out how on earth to stop it and get me out and everything was blown up around you to lock you in and the sales guy had walked away. It actually was hurting my back but we were laughing so hard. The kids really wanted the hot tub and kept saying it would help you mom....lol We didn't get it. But there was no lack of trying.  I really enjoying looking at new gadgets.  I got a hose spray thingy that was invented by a fireman and now my hose will look like I am putting out fires. They came in multiple colors and of course I picked turquoise. We also got a really cool pruner that can be done one handed even thru a thick twig. The kids favorite buy was their Manga sweatshirts as Mary had her paycheck and spoiled her brother.  This makes me smile as I watch her WANT to do something nice for her brother.  My favorite buy of the night is a nail art kit.....oh boy am I gonna have fun with my nails today. So the concert was amazing.  Carrie Underwood met the 3 year old girl who was in her video today for the first time. That little girl told Carrie she was going to sing with her. So that's exactly what happened. They sang I'm going to see you again. It was the sweetest thing. The moment and the song made me cry as going thru my head were those words and I know I am going to see my kids again, rather on earth or in Heaven. It is getting so real and so close that I find myself with a permanent knot in the pit of my stomach. My heart aches but I will not give up and I truly believe attitude makes all the difference in what my outcome will be. Right in front of us is a 6 month old baby with noise canceling head sets and he couldn't stop smiling at MaryBeth as it brought thoughts of her facial expressions to me when she's a mama some day. Capturing every avenue in my head these days. My sons ears were hurting from the volume as he has his mom's super sonic ears. He ended up falling asleep on me. It made me laugh but I enjoyed the snuggle time fully in the middle of the fun. As I was driving us home I replayed the day over in my head. Then all of a sudden Danny's birds nose fell off and a whole new round of laughter flooded around me. I loved our day and am so glad we pushed the surgery off so we could make these memories. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment