Thursday, July 4, 2013

Another birthday? I think so! :)

As I wake up this morning my mind wonders back 18 years....this time 18 years ago I was preparing to have my life's desire....my sweet baby. I didn't know if the baby was a boy or a girl yet...but it didn't matter,  my goal was for a healthy baby. Now I had asked God for a red head, blue eyed girl...lol. (Which clearly He said yes to.) My first amniocentesis was performed. Babies lungs weren't ready. So another 2 weeks of steroid shots in my butt and we'll check again. Disappointed to drive away and not get to have our baby yet. But it was about her health not mine. I remember going back home and stopping at Ken & Tiffany's....if my mind serves right this was the day we learned that they had a bun in the oven too. :) Trying to find something to do to get out of the July heat...we ended up at the movies. I believe we watched Apollo 13....I was so uncomfortable I remember finally sitting on the floor in the back of the theater. Talk about a roller coaster of emotions. I just wanted to hold my baby and freeze time. But I knew having her too soon would not be a good thing...I wouldn't let them operate on me while pregnant, like they wanted to. So I kept smiling and enjoyed feeling my little one swim around in my tummy and protected her with everything I had. I would do it all exactly the same way if we could rewind life.

My 5 lb. 13 oz. baby girl will be turning 18 this July 16th.....and her birthday represents so many strengths and accomplishments to me. I have and always will put my kids needs b4 mine. Because that's just what a mama does. I was taught this by my own mom over and over.

So my first birthday is October 12, 1973...the second one I celebrate is July 23, 1995 (my first cancer surgery)...now I think I will not stop celebrating the second birthday because it holds a special part of a major shaping of who I am.....I enjoy special days and any reason to celebrate! :) So I say YES to adding a 3rd birthday/lifeday to my calendar.

One should never stop celebrating life!!! So bust out the party blowers & balloons and SMILE!! Celebrate every day because it is a gift!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment