Monday, July 8, 2013

A peek into the quiet times...

So this morning Ken stirred awake as I was preparing for work....this usually doesn't happen as he gets in around 1 am from his job. But once in awhile we have one of those quiet morning chats....today was one of those days. He looked at me shaking his head....I popped a smart mouth comment....he said nothing and continued to shake his head. No laughter came instead out of his mouth came...."They lied, NO cancer is a good cancer to get." For years we have been told, "if you're going to get cancer, thyroid cancer is the one to get". I could see the sadness, anger & fear in his eyes. How does one offer support during those unknown moments?  Well with me I turn to laughter....I tried making him laugh. Today I failed. The thought of this evil monster growing inside of me for 18 years has entwined so many emotions throughout my family. We WILL get thru this one day at a time. Some days will be easier and some harder. I will be thankful when we can place all of this behind us again and just celebrate life. Some days I just ignore the big elephant in the room....because it's just easier. I have released Ken from going to my biopsy with me...as he and needles don't mix well. Not sure if it will help him not to face reality for just a little bit longer. I sure hope so. Don't worry I won't be alone. Thank God for girlfriends!!! For now I am ready to forget reality as I run away this weekend with another amazing girlfriend. Friends are soooooooo important!!!! ♥ I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Dawnelle your positivity makes me realize how selfish and down I can be over small things. Your courage is inspiring and your strength admirable. If anyone could kick cancers butt, you are the one. You and you're family are in my prayers for strength, courage, hope, and healing. No cancer is good cancer but you will come out on top and continue to be the bright, inspiration everyone knows you to be! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ebonie! Trying my best to paint a picture of this crazy journey to help people understand what's going on from inside my head & heart. Living life with a positive spin....really is there any other fun way to LIVE? ♥

    ReplyDelete