Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Planning ahead.....

As I wake up this morning my head is focused on how the years have flown right on by. My baby girl is now legally an adult as today she has turned 18. Not really sure how that managed to happen so fast. Last night when she came home from work at 1 am she ran into my room to welcome me home. She has never stopped calling me "Mommy", which has always made me smile as I hadn't lost that part of her childhood.....but last night she said, "I missed you so much Mommy! Wait maybe I should grow up and not call you Mommy anymore?!" Oh I know it's time for her to spread her wings, just didn't know how much it was going to hurt when she did. I am so proud of who she has become and that she's strong in who she is. So thankful that she left the teenage drama part out and just had fun as a kid. We are opposites in so many ways but as she's growing up I love seeing her pick up some of my traits.

It's really past time to get my photos all back out and get my scrapbooks put together. I have neglected this part of my life for years now. With the exception of Shutterfly making 3 albums. But as I look ahead and yes (if I'm being honest) even wonder myself at times how/if I will survive this ugly disease. I set a goal for myself to get my kids childhood's documented in photo form and stories too, so that no matter what they will still have the memories and stories only a mother can tell.

Life isn't always going to be easy but I am just one of those people who has to plan ahead whenever possible....must be the control freak in me.

Love your family a little bit extra today! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment